Monday, July 7, 2008

MRI

Quinn had his MRI today and it went well. We made the mistake of dropping by Starbucks on the way there to the hospital to give yours truly a caffeine fix. It quickly turned into a plea by Quinn for milk and food. He was hungry and let us know. How do you deny your child food when he's hungry? That part was hard on me.

When we checked in the receptionist allowed Quinn to choose which movie to watch. He picked Thomas (of course). I filled out all the paperwork and gave them a list of my important information while the nurse put some numbing cream on Quinn's hands for the IV insertion. When we brought him to the back to start his IV, he began crying and screaming because he wanted to continue to watch Thomas. We compromised by letting him watch Thomas in the lobby while sitting in my lap and the nurse poked his arm for the IV. Even with a numb arm, he began screaming and crying. The nurse gave him the special syringe of "milk of amnesia" to put him to sleep. Almost immediately, he peed all over my lap and fell into a deep sleep.

It was a dramatic start to his procedure but the rest went without a hitch. Grant ran home and grabbed some extra clothes for us and a special gift for Quinn when he woke up. I went to the bathroom and cleaned up. Thank God I decided to wear flip flops today. ha ha.. After about an hour and 15 minutes, the nurse called me back to see him. I brought my little point and shoot camera and snapped this picture of him. He was so sweet all snuggled up on his bed.



Do you see why I love him so much?


I can't get enough of this kid.


But this is how I prefer to see my little man.

Daddy snapped this one this weekend when we were at the lake.
We had a few laughs after we got home with Quinn walking around in a daze. It didn't last long though. He's already skipping through the house playing with his new Bob the Builder dump truck and excavator. We wont get the results for another 3 days or so. Oh, and they didn't let me see his scan. :( Hopefully I'll get a sneak peak of his MRI when we have our follow up with the neurologist.

4 comments:

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

Glad it went fairly well. Hope the wait for the results isn't too long. From what you've written, sounds like he's making progress.

Hugs & Blessings!

Alex said...

I'm thrilled it went well bonnie... I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Quinn really is such a cutie!

daphneearly said...

I didn't know we could make comments! I'm so happy at the progress our boy is making. I can't WAIT to see him again and hear his improvement!! Quinn and I will have to have a long discussion on the principles of Plato and Socrates ;) (Or maybe just back-hoes and excavators....)

I want to let you both (G&B) know how much I admire your postive attitudes and patience with all that you've been through. I hope I am as wonderful parents as you both are. I love you!

Helene said...

I'm happy the MRI went well and the pics of Q all cuddled up in that big bed melts my heart! I'm also glad to hear the Depakote is working as I know how concerned you were initially about it.

Have you gotten the MRI results yet? I hope there's been progress since he's been on the new meds!