Friday, August 8, 2008

The Wine Train or "Whine" Train.....

So we're going out of town this weekend to celebrate Grant's Grandma's 88th birthday. This is a special birthday because she's turning 88 on 8/8/08. So I'm packing up our entire house so we can go away for 2 days. I often wonder why we ever leave the house. I have diapers, wipes, tissues, tooth brushes, shirts, underwear, backup outfits, blankets, special stuffed animals, cribs, Binky's, tear free conditioner, sippy cups, pull-ups, (are you worn out yet? I am.) And then I get to pack my stuff.

As part of this excursion, we are going to ride on the wine train in Napa for lunch. This sounds awesome under normal circumstances meaning... two adults dressed nicely, and enough time to enjoy fine wine, scenic views, and a fancy lunch consisting of several courses of small portions of food.

Here's how I envision our trip........

Chase runs up and down the train cars irritating the passengers... Meanwhile, Quinn is screaming and pointing out every tractor the train passes. Chase pulls his pants down and takes his diaper off and says he has to "go potty." I wait in line for the bathroom with his little naked butt hanging out then Chase refuses to use the potty. Quinn runs away from me and doesn't listen.... my food gets cold and soggy... the little, teeny, portion they serve me is removed from the table by the waiter before I get a chance to wolf down a few bites. Quinn cries because he doesn't like the food, Chase spills milk all over, and Grant is worthless because he's drunk."

You think I'm kidding?

Just wait for Monday's update! You'll see.

No comments: