Sunday, September 14, 2008

Long time no post...with videos too.

Woops, I have been neglecting my blog buddies and never posted our updates etc.

The MRI results are back.....drum roll please.......Abnormal! What ever that means. I speak lightly about this result because the neurologist feels the lab technicians were being too "sensitive" about the report and were looking for a reason for seizures. He looked at the results and feels good about them. He must be getting to know Quinn and understands how unique Quinn's brain is and how it functions differently from us average people. The plan is to continue on the Depakote and follow up with more blood work.

If you're more of a technical person, I'll attempt to describe the results in this paragraph. If you're non-technical (like me) skip down to the next paragraph. This post is becoming a "choose your own adventure." How fun. Ahem, back to the technical stuff. The MRI shows that Quinn's Hypothalamus (on the left side) is slightly smaller than the right. Now most people have one foot that slightly smaller than the other, but my kid has a piece of his brain that's smaller than the other. I think he's trying to start a trend here. The hypothalamus secretes hormones that regulate body temperature, hunger, thirst, fatigue, anger (watch out!), and circadian rhythms. I'm guessing that this is why Quinn is so musically inclined. (See the paragraph below) If you're still interested in learning more about the hypothalamus here's a link from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus There's even a picture of a brain with the hypothalamus on there. (If you're one of "those" types of people.)


So this video is about 2 months old already, but it's taken me a while to get it off my camera. This my friends, is what I've passed along to my children. They may look a lot like their Dad, but they get the moves from the Mama. Quinn gets a little carried away at the end, but his moves crack me up. Watch him off to the right before they press the button again for more music.




Here's another video that shows my kids being weird. I'm not sure why they were so high yesterday... Maybe I should stop giving them uppers....

1 comment:

Alex said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Your kids are too funny! And so adorable too! I esp love quinn's dancing. He is quite the character!